Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspiration and Introduction


Isaiah 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

This picture inspires me. It is simplistic beauty, life amongst the cold and frozen “death” that surrounds it.

I remember being in a creative writing class in high-school and having my teacher tell me that I just needed a little inspiration. I have thought of him often throughout my life and the things that inspire me when I never thought they would. I have been inspired. My best friend encouraged me to start a blog and I have long considered myself too busy for one, but lately another friend of mine has inspired me to open my heart without reserve. I don’t know that it will ever be interesting to anyone, and that’s what’s kept me from it, to be completely honest, but right now I want to do it for my own good. Selfish I know, but true. I need to just see my thoughts in black and white sometimes. No suppression until explosion for me anymore… just freely expressed words and thoughts that make me who I am.

So, what this blog will become, I sincerely do not know. I suppose that at times it will be silly, superficial, and fun. At others it will most likely be deep and emotional. I will share pictures and activities sometimes, and at others be completely allusive, but that’s just because I am me – the happy-go-lucky teenager, turned into the confident, head-strong twenty-year-old, turned into that 30-something preoccupied mom who would rather close the door to her bedroom, cuddle up with the kids on her bed, and sip flavored coffee than be slapped in the face with that thing we call “real life”. But the door always opens… so why not be inspired by the things that wait to be discovered?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, sister! Methinks you will enjoy it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited! Good for you! Can't wait to read more! Love you!

    ReplyDelete