Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lest you fret...

I have shared my blog with a total of 6 people. Yup, 6 of you lovely ladies have the address to my "deepest thoughts" and yesterday was no exception! I was thinking about highlighting my hair. And then I had doubts. To highlight or not to highlight? Whom shall I ask? I know! My online friends... but wait... posting highlighting questions online, are you serious? What are you thinking? As if, Shelly! Who would even care, silly girl? And that is where my thoughts of highlighting basically came to a halt. I have formed this comfy cocoon in which I rest peacefully with the realization that most people could really care less, and if I don't stick my head out there in the big wide world, it has much less of a chance to get clobbered! So, there you have it. Nothing very deep, just hair woes, if you care to know! And I know you do, so thanks... remember baby steps for me. I'm getting more and more used to the thought that you really are out there! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have come to NOT CARE who is "out there." I post my blog entries for me more than anyone else (hence the entire entry of my hair changes...) Some may judge. I don't know. I don't even know who all reads it! What I DO know, is that in a world of "unknowns," it's kind of a release to put a thought out there just for my own satisfaction. (Better than making my husband listen to my nonsense! Hee, hee!) Post away, my Heart! Let it go, and have fun with it! Let it be for YOU, and don't worry about the rest! If you're thinking about highlights today, it's just as likely that you'll be thinking about some deeply theological doctrine topic the next day. It's called being multi-faceted. Run with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. That should have read it's "for myself" rather than "for me." I'm correcting, so you don't have to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! I care. I like talking about hair. I've never had mine colored. I have always wanted to. Though...see, I could go on. I won't. I shall shut up! Is your hair colored or natural? Blonde highlights? I think it would be pretty for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEE??? Here's the deal... most girls DO care about such things, as you see! It's fun!

    Although, I will say, I really like your hair darker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! You are awesome Shell!! I say go for it but I am with Laura love your hair dark too, you have always reminded me of Snow White with your piercing eyes and beautiful skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, ladies! :) I am going to do it. I have technically never done blonde highlights, so I could love it or hate it!! My hair is just too wiry these days to enjoy the harsh feel of my whole head in a dark dye and I'm a little bored with the same old chestnut brown. I think the change will be subtle, but in the summer will look nice and light. So, I'll be sure to take pictures of the fateful day, and OF COURSE post all about it since so many inquiring minds want to know! :P

    ReplyDelete