Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The little things in life

I wanted to blog today. Just to write out some light-hearted, frivolous things that a girl can love to spend time on. I have emotions that continue to fluctuate, don't we all? And I just wanted to be able to spill something. Anything! Nothing heavy, nothing religious, nothing "churchy" or spiritual. But... then I began to think of what in the world I would write!

This morning when I awoke, the song "How great is our God, sing with me, how great is our God..." was singing happily in my head. Psalm 71:23 "My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed." The fact that our God is great, good, loving and that he desires us, flooded my soul this morning. The activities of today are more enjoyable with that in mind. And I began to ponder the sweet thoughts that even the little things, the girly, the silly, the frivolous, and the light-hearted topics of my day are still wrapped up in the fact that God loves me and his thoughts are ever toward me! So I share with you a fun activity that made me think of God who loves spending time with me, even more than I love spending time with my kids!


This collage is actually from a fun activity that we had a few weeks ago. The electricity had gone out in our neighborhood (not an uncommon occurrence) and there was "Absolutely nothing to do"! According to the kids, that is. So, we decided to have a fun day of making cupcakes with colored cream-cheese icing and homemade play-dough to replace the hardened store-bought kind. And what fun we had both eating and creating!


And here are a couple of recent cakes I have had fun making as well. I'm trying to learn the best recipes for the perfect combination of beauty without sacrificing taste! If you have any yummy recipes that have worked for you, please do share!!!

God is so good. He is everywhere. He is in everything. Ah, the little things don't seem so little anymore, do they?

1 comment: