Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Good Wednesday

I was tempted to not write today. Since last week I decided to be a more active participant in this Wednesday activity, wouldn't you know that the doubts of insignificance and fears would plague me? But... I will not succumb to those fears again, at least not today anyway.

I just want to share one thought from one verse we read this past week. Ephesians 2:10 seemed brand new to me when I read it this time

We are created for good.

Did I miss that somewhere before? When did I start thinking that just because we are still human that we have to be doomed to fear all the "bad" in this world?

I can choose to do good works, not in my own power, but through Jesus Christ and I can walk in them. Like, in everyday life, a perpetual journey of spreading good. When did this battle become more about me and less about God??

I don't really know the answer to that one, but what I DO know is that for some time now, it has become less and less about me, my works done in my power of lists and rules and expectations, and more and more about God and his love and grace. Sufficient enough to cover anything any of us mortals can throw his way.

Today is another day for good. That's what I was created for.

Have a good day, all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Shelley. I am your newest follower. I found you by way of WIWW. I love what you have said here. I think this is true for so many of us. I know it is for me. I am often way to focused on me and not on God and the good He has for me to do!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Love in Him,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying the Ephesians study and the Wednesday link-ups. So glad you decided to post today! You encouraged me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome, ladies! blessed to share with you!

    ReplyDelete