Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Growing in grace...

If you look up in the top right corner of my blog, you'll see a little button for "Women in the Word Wednesdays". I shared with you a bit when I did the 1 John study they were doing over there, at GMG and it really got me back into reading and studying the Bible after a long hiatus. I'm not extremely vocal on certain things, and I am not what you'd call a faithful blogger since I rarely have more than a couple entries a month, but I feel compelled to write today, and possibly take part in this "Wednesday-fest" with a little more fervor.

This time around, we are studying the book of Ephesians. If you've missed it, and you're interested, it's not too late. There are literally two or three verses to write out and meditate on each weekday. You can easily do two or three days in one, if you feel the need to "catch up" and be on the same verse as others. Just click on the link, go to the blog, and print out an easy-to-use study guide, and that's it. All Scripture, and space for your thoughts- nothing added but what you put in.

I think that's what I like about it. Nothing but room for God to talk to you.

Verse-
By-
Verse


And in such God-like fashion, it seems that everything in my life has accentuated one single word lately.

Grace

Isn't that beautiful? It is, if you know what grace means. I have so much I want to say about what the Lord has been doing in my life lately, but I'll not go into too much right now. What I do want to say is that what once caused me a little uneasiness with not knowing how to take this book of Ephesians and some of its "controversial content", has become an explosion of truth, peace and grace in my life. And it's free for the taking.

Grace!

GRACE!!!!

"The exceeding riches of his grace", to be more precise (Eph. 2:6-7) It's so much more than I ever thought it was! "Scandalous grace" as called by some. And I like that. Because it's true. How God extends grace in my life might seem nothing short of a scandal to some, but he is the one who gives it so freely.

Come, and grow in the freedom of his amazing grace!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the Ephesians study. Thanks for this reminder of where our focus should be. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am going through the Ephesians study!! Using an online journal, and a Facebook group of gals too!! Grace, "scandalous grace"-- don't you love it?!! new to your blog, love it already!

    ReplyDelete