Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


Ode to My Mother
05/13/12
I tried to find lines of poetry, or a song or verse afore written
I perused odes of motherhood searching for the words to convey what I feel.
But  they all seemed insufficient - these words and accolades.
As if something was missing -
As if all mothers are the same.
And maybe that's what it is that divides their words and mine.
That they've never known you, and I seem to pity them.
For the mothers of whom poems and odes proclaim
May have been wonderful, loving and inspiring.
But none of them was you.
None had your smile.
Your angelic voice.
Your laugh contagious.
Your undeniable flair.
None had your giggle that lights a room
Nor your heart so loving
Your spirit so strong.
Your stamina and strength when times get hard,
Your ability to find beauty in the smallest of things.
Did they know the love only a mother can give?
I supposed they did.
But I have been blessed to know yours,
I could never ask for more!   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful words, my precious daughter. I love you so much. I hope your kids make you feel as loved as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you more than words could ever convey, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete